- Project Manager will be working close to the Merit Management Team.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Get involved on client calls and briefings, understand the requirements from the Clients / Operations team and help in designing software solutions.
- Give time lines for projects and prepare cost estimation.
- Conduct regular meetings with team leaders and follow up on project status.
- Envisage any blocks and delay in project delivery to be acted with responsibility.
- Co-ordinate with HR on recruitment and sourcing of candidates.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in managing multiple software projects
- Advantage if handled multiple teams on different technologies of software development
- Solid technical background with understanding and hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Proven work experience in project management in the information technology sector
- Excellent client facing and internal communication skills
- Proven track record of leading teams and delivering quality software solutions
- Ability to motivate team and individuals
- Good communication (Verbal & Email)
- Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills is compulsory
- Set SMART goals for teams based on client SLAs.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Ensure timely completion of monthly project reviews and quarterly client reviews.
- Act as an escalation point for any disagreements or disputes.
- Identify areas of improvement within the team and come up with corrective and preventive action.
- Design reports if necessary to report accurate project progress
- Report to management on a weekly basis on the project status, staffing and upcoming requirements.
- Report and escalate to management when needed
- Responsible for designing and maintaining accurate internal and external reports.
Apply for this job
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
Merit takes pride in offering extensive inhouse training programmes focused on developing employees for career progression – including specific competence in technology and processes, as well as interpersonal skills.
From intense ‘finishing schools’ that shape the next generation of team leaders to internal training and placement programs that identify and train staff with potential in tech to help them reach their potential, we are committed to bringing the best out of the individuals that make up Merit.